Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February so far!

Okay wow well I've noticed that I really tend to write novels in this because there is so much to say, BUT I have decided to confine everything into a simple clean-cut no fuss dot point format this time!

So, here is a mixture of amusing/awkward/interesting things that have been happening lately;


  • The girls at ballet are dancing in the parade of my city for Carnaval so they went to a samba school to practise, and they invited me to come! They have to sing and dance for 45 minutes (in the street I would assume) NO BREAK! Ahh they have to be so fit. So here at the samba school there were about 10 guys on drums and it was just the loudest thing you've ever heard..cups pretty much shaking on the tables etc. and then they told me for real Carnaval it's like HUNDREDS of these drummers. Ahh it will be so wild! Okay so that was a cool experience that I'll never forget! 
  • Erm well the bus driver that usually is on when I am going to school just randomly pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket when I got off .. unraveled to find his EMAIL ADDRESS...that was definitely an awkward moment. And then said he had 'the day off tomorrow' ..I was like okay..yep..I'm gonna go to my seat now..Why did he think it was the right choice to extend the passenger-driver relationship?! Needless to say that was quickly thrown away and I  now avoid eye contact! 
  • Here they have Valentines day on the 12th of June (yeah, I'm not quite sure why either) so yeah..nothing really special happened there..just a regular joe Monday...BUT if I had to choose the closest thing to a special act of kindess that day it would definitely be my yoga teacher who taught me the proper way to do the splits whilst standing on my head! So that was fun. Sometimes I think he is a weightless ninja guru man, he can balance his bod on his hands in about 47 different ways..I plan to learn many! 
  • But nonetheless I have found a lover here, and we are quickly becoming inseparable. Hershey's chocolate and I met on the 16/2/11 at school, friends introduced me. It's cookies and cream flavour and just simply the best. I'm hoping that we can have a long-term relationship together and hopefully do the distance thing when I return to Aus! If not I will bring packets with me! 
  • Last week my host mum booked a manicure and pedicure appointment for me because I was going to a party (which was so nice!) and got them all done in maybe an hour and yeah it was just your flat $12...good...I think I will be getting a few more of those this year..just for the sheer price absurdity! 
  • Gym life is going good, got my finger print entry happening (so suave! I like to pretend I'm a spy?!)  and I'm going start hip hop classes and a flexibility class! As well as crazy ninja yoga that I love! I meditated for the first time at the end of yoga this week..it was one of the coolest things..it's exactly how people describe it..it's like you're not asleep but you're not there either and somehow time passes without you knowing that it has...
  • Ballet + school life just keep getting better and better! Everyone at Escola Municipal and Carmo are just the warmest, funniest and most helpful people ever, everyday there are laughs about weird/normal/silly things :D  There couldn't be better people to spend a year with, I can tell we are going to have tooo much fun this year together! 
  • A few days ago at the 1 month mark I promised everyone I knew that I would stop speaking english and only speak portugese and so far it's going really well! You don't realise how much you actually know until you are forced to say it, and just in 3 days of doing this I have learnt heaps. But in saying that it definitely doesn't always work out...eg. I tried to conjugate the verb for colour and say I like to colour (because I haven't used coloured pencils in ages..I was excited okay!) and then little did I realise that 'I colour' is the same word used for cock...so...yeah that ended really well...
Anyway I have failed to make this short and snappy but if you skipped over everything I can sum up by saying; I can't believe I have been lucky enough to come here and be apart of this city and country, the days are flying, the people are smiling and there are lots of exciting things round the corner! 

Beijos a tudos x


No comments:

Post a Comment